Postpartum doula care serves the everyone in the home. As your postpartum doula, my focus is to help you both get your needs met so that you can bond deeply with your baby. I can work with your family to address not only your newborn's unique needs, such as soothing techniques and support with newborn feeding; I also bring years of knowledge about the emotional and physical changes that can happen to your body & mind after such a monumental act of bringing life into the world.
This is your time to heal and bond, and I approach it with gentleness, flexibility, understanding, and love.
While the birth doula package includes two in-home postpartum care sessions, many families choose additional postpartum care to transition during this delicate and hazy time.
Postpartum care means different things to different families, so let’s connect to discuss how I can best assist you.
- Newborn care while birther and partner sleep / shower / eat
- Recommendations for professional in-home or virtual lactation support from an IBCLC
- Teach newborn care basics, such as: swaddling; soothing techniques, bathing; Baby's developmental needs week by week
- Emotional support to process your birth experience
- Care for other children or pets in your home, or give parents a chance to have special one-on-one time with older children while family adjusts to the new baby
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Connect with local providers who specialize in postpartum physical and emotional care